Spelling Progress Bulletin. Riter index.
See Bulletin Contents and
Topics; Anthology (best of SPB)
php links go to the web page of that article. pdf links go to the whole bulletin issue. In each pdf file, click on Bookmarks to see the contents list with links. Very short book reviews and very short letters to the editor listed in the Contents are not itemized here.
Haas. Wm. On 'Spelling' and 'Spelling Reform'. Winter 1971 pdf. pp8-11.
- Book review. Alphabets for English. Phono-graphic Translation. N.W. Tune. Winter 1971 pdf. pp17,18.
- Book review. Writing without Letters, Ernst Pulgram et al. Edited Wm. Haas. N.W. Tune. Spring 1977 pdf. p20.
- Book review. Standard Languages, Spoken and Written. N.W. Tune. Summer 1983. p20.
Hanna. Paul R. Abstract of a Research Project in Phoneme-Grapheme Relationship. Oct 1963 pdf. p26.
Harris. Sydney J. It's Easy to Speak. Tough to Write Right. Summer 1979 pdf. p13.
Harrison. Maurice. See Pamflet.
- A Report from the Oldham Education Committee. Jun 1963 pdf. pp13,12.
- i.t.a. in Oldham. Book Reviews. H. Bowyer. Spring 1965 pdf. pp20-23.
- i.t.a. pupils at 8 years of age. Spring 1967 pdf. p8.
- Oldham Education Committee Report on the use of i.t.a. for 1961-66. Spring 1967 pdf. p9.
- Book review. The oeldham reeders. H. Bowyer. Summer 1967 pdf. pp19,20.
Hecht. George J. Publisher. Parents Mag. Some Thoughts on How to Proceed in Overcoming the Present Resistances to a New Phonetic Alphabet. Dec 1962 pdf. p17.
Heilman. Arthur W. Book Reviews. Phonics in Proper Perspective. H. Bowyer. Fall 1964 pdf. pp19,20.
- Phonics in Proper Perspective. Fall 1968 pdf. pp11-17.
- Book reviews. Phonics in Proper Perspective. Fall 1968 pdf. pp18,1.
Henderson. Ellen C. Comments on the A.R. Alphabet. Jun 1962 pdf. p19.
- Book review. Phonics in Learning to Read. H. Bowyer. Winter 1968 pdf. pp16,8.
- The Necessity for an Uniform Accurate Pronunciation of the English Language. Summer 1969 pdf. pp2-6.
- Shortcuts for the Improvement of Reading Instruction. Fall 1969 pdf. pp13-16.
- Book review. Teaching Reading to Bilingual Children. N.W. Tune. Summer 1972 pdf. p15.
Henrikson. Helen W. & Geiger. Dorothy. Reading New Words - a Test of Phonic Substitution. Winter 1966 pdf. pp2-5.
Hildreth. Gertrude H. Adventures with the Turkish Alfabe. Dec 1961 pdf. pp5,6.
- How Ivan Spells Johnny's English. Oct 1963 pdf. pp6-9.
- New Light on Beginning Reading. Winter 1965 pdf. pp14-16.
- Steps Toward a New English Alphabet. Summer 1966 pdf. pp9,10.
- Sprechspur - a Means of Writing More Easily. Fall 1968 pdf. pp7-9.
- Understanding the Negro Child's Reading Problems. Winter 1971 pdf. pp2-6.
- The Story of Spelling Reform in Turkey. Spring 1972 pdf. pp2-5.
- Book review. The American Heritage Word Frequency Book. Fall 1972 pdf. p15.
- Which Way in Spelling Reform? Spring 1975 pdf. pp14-16.
- The Case for English Spelling Reform. Summer 1976 pdf. p18.
- One Alphabet for Reading and Writing English. Spring 1977 pdf. pp10.11.
- Book review. Learning to Read with Understanding by John Downing. Spring 1977 pdf. p20.
- Dictionary Respellings of English Words. Spring 1978 pdf. pp12-15.
Hirsch. Lotte. Could Adoption of the Metric System Serve as a Model for Spelling Reform? Winter 1981 pdf. pp2-4.
Hoffman. Nicholas von. Valley News. Why must Johnny learn how to read? & rebuttal by Newell W. Tune. Summer 1978 pdf. p10.
- The Possibilities of Change in English Orthography. Fall 1981. pp11-13.
- Two Problems for English Spelling Reformers. Fall 1983. p19.
Horn. Ernest. Phonetics and Spelling. Oct 1961 pdf. pp12,13.
- The Child's Early Experience with the Letter A. & critique by Katherine P Betts & Emmett Albert Betts. Spring 1979 pdf. pp14-17.
Horn. Thomas D. Phonics. Miscues. and What's-The-Next-Word Syndrome. Summer 1978 pdf. pp26,23.
Hotson. Clarence. On English Pronunciation. Say Now Shibboleth. Oct 1962 pdf. p27.
- Limericks. Dec 1962 pdf. p22.
- Can We Catch up with Russian Education? Jun 1963 pdf. pp6,7.
- The Urgency of Spelling Reform. Summer 1966 pdf. pp12,13.
Howie Gona Soundit. Gullible's Adventures in Crazyland. Summer 1965 pdf. pp14,15.
Hua. Wen. On Reforming Written Chinese. Fall 1974 pdf. pp14-16.
Hughes. Ann. Phonetic Approach or Conventional Method - Which is more Effective? Fall 1965 pdf. pp14,15.
- i/t/a Studies Center. Lehigh Univ.
Final Newsletter. Fall 1966 pdf. p24.