Spelling Progress Bulletin. Topics.See Bulletin Contents, Bulletin Riters, Anthology (best of SPB) Contents and Authors.
php links go to the web page of that article. pdf links go to the whole bulletin issue. In each pdf file, click on Bookmarks to see the contents list with links.
Education: In English speaking countries.
- Spelling Achievement of Above Average Pupils. Sister Josephina, CSJ. Mar 1961 pdf. pp14-17.
- Surveys of Teacher Opinion. M. Johnson. Jun 1961 pdf. p10-12.
- The Disintegration of Our School System. W. Washburn. Dec 1961 pdf. pp2,3.
- What's the Matter With Our Schools? The Sun, Saskatchewan. Dec 1961 pdf. p4.
- A Report on the Amidon School. H. Bowyer. Dec 1961 pdf. pp19-21.
- Some Objections to the Philosophy of a "hungry reader". Newark Evening News. Mar 1962 pdf. pp31-33.
- Mary Johnson's One Woman War. S. Franklin. Dec 1962.
Comments H. Bowyer. Dec 1962 pdf. pp19-21.
- How Accurate are School Testing Programs? W.D. Daugherty. Jun 1963 pdf. pp2,3,5.
- A Lesson in Beginning Reading. H. Mann. Jun 1963 pdf. pp11,12.
- The Curious Child Needs Creativity Challenge. W.C. Alvarez. Oct 1963 pdf. p5.
- Reading Measurement: American and British Style. W.R. Powell. Summer 1964 pdf. pp7-9.
- The Process of Learning to Read. B. Tudor-Hart. Fall 1964 pdf. pp7,8.
- Phonetic and Structural Generalizations in Teaching Spelling. W. Kottmeyer. Fall 1965 pdf. pp2-12.
- Oral Reading Survey in New York City. M. Johnson. Fall 1965 pdf. pp12,13.
- The History of First Grade Reading in the Public Schools of St. Louis, Mo. E.A. Bueker. Winter 1965 pdf. pp2-13.
- Its Time For a Change. M. Johnson. Spring 1966 pdf. pp2-4.
- Basic Sight Vocabulary - a Help or a Hinderance? R.E. Laurita. Summer 1966 pdf. pp2-4.
- Letter from W. J. Reed in The Head Teachers Review. Spring 1967 pdf. p1.
- Book review. Essential Spanish by Association of Ideas. R. Montero. Spring 1968 pdf. p19.
- The Concept of Readability. J. Gilliland. Winter 1969 pdf. pp5-7.
- An Examination of Measures of Readability. J. Gilliland. Winter 1969 pdf. pp7-9.
- Letters from readers to 'The Teacher', and from teachers. Summer 1970 pdf. p1.
- Understanding the Negro Child's Reading Problems. G. Hildreth. Winter 1971 pdf. pp2-6.
- Survey of Reading Methods Courses Probes the Extent of Preservice Requirements. H.H. Roeder. Winter 1971 pdf. pp6,7.
- What Reading is Primary in Secondary Schools? a round table
discussion. F. Roome, E. Allen, J. Roome, H. Bonnema.
Spring 1973 pdf. pp10-12.
Education in non-English speaking countries.
- Education in Red China. W. Benton. Mar 1962 pdf. pp8-10,29.
- Review of new books. Communist Education. ed. E.J. King. Revew by Ivor Dareg. Summer 1964 pdf. p22.
- Soviet Education These Last Fifty Years. E.E. Arctier. Winter 1967 pdf. pp7-9.
- The Siberian Olympiads. H. Bowyer. Summer 1968 pdf. pp7,8.
- The Psychology of Mastering the Elements of Reading. D. B. Elkonin. Summer 1968 pdf. pp8-14.
- From the Editor's Desk. Letter about Japanese schools.
Fall 1969 pdf. p1.
Education: Teaching of English as an alternative language (EAL).
- Africa Needs Phonemic English. H. Bowyer. Dec 1962 pdf. pp13-14.
- English as the Lingua Franca of Africa. C.R. Moore. Dec 1962 pdf. pp14-16.
- How Ivan Spells Johnny's English: An Analysis of English Words Respelled Phonetically. G. Hildreth. Oct 1963 pdf. pp6-9.
- The Teaching of English to Cantonese in Hong Kong. C.M. Wise. Oct 1963 pdf. pp2-4.
- The Teaching of English in Africa. H. Bowyer. Oct 1963 pdf. pp10-15.
- Letter from Africa. Spring 1965 pdf. p1.
- Teaching English Speech with PRAC in the Philippines. F.M. Daltry. Summer 1965 pdf. pp16,17.
- Teaching English to African Natives. L.W. Lantham. Summer 1966 pdf. p20.
- Teaching English in Bantu Primary Schools. L.W. Lanham. Revew by H. Bonnema. Summer 1967 pdf. pp17,18.
- Teaching English as a Second Language, via Two Phonetic Systems. L. M. Fatti. Fall 1967 pdf. pp8-15.
- A Phonetic Code Used in Hong Kong for Teaching English. F.C. Laubach. Spring 1968 pdf. pp3-9.
- Teaching English as a Second Language in Africa. L.W. Lanham. Winter 1968 pdf. pp9-12.
- English Boom: China Learning 2nd Language. R.S. Elegant. Fall 1973 pdf. p1.
- Teaching Reading in English in India. G. S. Mudambadithaya. Fall 1973 pdf. pp6,7.
- Helping the Foreigner to Learn English. J. Pitman. Summer 1979 pdf. pp2-4.
- Teaching English in Francophone
Africa. H. Niedzielski. Fall 1982. pp5-7.
Event announcements and reports.
- Reading Workshop, Univ of Calif. Editorial. Jun 1963 pdf. p1.
- Temple Buell College Summer Workshops. Spring 1971 pdf. pp18,19.
- International Reading Association. Spring 1973 pdf. p1.
- Report on Educational Records Bureau Conference. H. Bonnema. Winter 1974 pdf. p1.