Spelling Progress Bulletin. Topics.See Bulletin Contents, Bulletin Riters, Anthology (best of SPB) Contents and Authors.
php links go to the web page of that article. pdf links go to the whole bulletin issue. In each pdf file, click on Bookmarks to see the contents list with links.
History of spelling and spelling reform, overvews of several current schemes.
- The Two Englishes. W. Barkley. Spring 1965 pdf. pp2-11.
- A 20th Century Look at the 'New English' of 1066. W. Barkley. Summer 1967 pdf. pp2,3,12
- A Preface by Mario Pei, to the book by Abraham Tauber, Better English thru Simplified Spelling - a History of Spelling Reform. Spring 1968 pdf. pp18,19.
- The History of Writing and Disputes about Reading. R. Brown. Spring 1972 pdf. pp10-16.
- Pronunciation in the Past, a historical pronouncing vocabulary. S.S. Eustace. Summer 1972 pdf. pp18,19.
- A Discussion of Spelling Reform. K. Evans. Fall 1978 pdf. pp5-9.
- 'This Great Reform', Mr. [Isaac] Pitman and Mr. [Alexander John] Ellis at Bath. J.Kelly. Spring 1979 pdf. pp10-13.
- The Spelling Game [with a little embroidering]. R. Seysmith. Fall 1979 pdf. pp2,3.
- Is Spelling Reform
Feasible? Appendix III. E.M. Oakensen. Summer 1980. pp5-6.