E-mailing discussion groups.
A number of members-only discussion groups are maintained by The English Spelling Society. Please apply to the list-owner for joining details.
- An active group for general discussion for English Spelling Society members. It rejects attachments and converts HTML to plain text.
- An announcements-only group that only the SSS list-owner may post to. No discussions.
- Some SSS members attended the US national spelling bee final to draw attention to the inconsistency of English spelling. Only for members planning to attend the next final.
- SSS house style committee which has rationalized a society ballot outcome. The resulting house style is awaiting committee ratification.
- A group for English Spelling Society e-mailing committee members and other members who work for the Society
- There are also open non-SSS spelling reform lists:
- www.yahoogroups.com/group/saundspel Saundspell - the phonology forum - a continuing discussion of spelling - pronunciation - and alternative writing systems.
- www.yahoogroups.com/group/openrite Openrite is the window to the world for the RITE development group.
- See also Links to member and journal author webs.